Whether you are deciding to step up to a bigger boat, or simply sell your existing one, the process of selling a boat can quickly become daunting. Where do I list? How do I determine the right price? What paperwork is necessary for selling my boat?
This is where hiring a boat broker to list your boat removes stress associated with the process. Besides having an industry expert instantly on your team, here are seven reasons why hiring a broker is the right choice:
1. Connections within the IndustryBoat brokers are experts in the industry and have made connections regarding every aspect of the selling process. Whether you need your boat detailed, reupholstered, moved, etc…your broker will know the best services in your local area. They also will know what other brokers have on the market and can quickly find a buyer or find a trade for your boat.
2. Marketing ExpertiseWhile most private sellers know of only a few sites to list their boat such as craigslist, your yacht broker will list your boat in a multitude of sites and aggressively market your boat. As soon as you decide to list, your broker will professionally market your boat on their private site, a multitude of specific forums and brokerage channels, and will also be able to personally sell your boat over the phone or in person. Having your boat in as many strategic locations as possible will result in finding the right buyer quickly.
3. Listing Access on Yacht WorldYacht World, the industry standard for selling boats, is only “available to eligible yacht brokerage firms and dealerships representing multiple boats for sale on behalf of an owner/seller” (Yachtworld). Your broker will be able to utilize this exclusive tool in order to get your boat in front of the right eyes. Yacht World is also one of the first places buyers look when searching for a boat so it is crucial for your boat to be listed.
4. Knowledge of what makes a Boat SellA broker is constantly studying the market and knows what makes a boat move fast and what doesn’t. The broker will know what to mention in a listing in order to make your boat shine and can recommend any repairs or upgrades, which would improve the chances of a fair price.
5. Dedicated time to Sell Your BoatConstantly listing your boat on Craigslist, taking calls from brokers, dealing with tire-kickers…it all takes time! A broker will take care of incoming calls, offers, and negotiate deals on your behalf. This removes any stress from the sale, and offers peace of mind knowing you have someone constantly working with you towards your goal.
6. Negotiation Strategy to Keep Things MovingBrokers have experience in negotiating a deal and will often work with connections in order to maximize an offer. The broker also works as a middleman and can successfully keep negotiations moving smoothly between buyer and seller. Your broker is an expert in boats and will be able to know the difference between a good deal and a shady one.
7. Closing AgreementsBills of sale, title transfer, closing agreements, and other required paperwork can quickly overwhelm a seller. This is where your broker will come in and make it a painless process. Quick access and know-how allow your broker to close a deal on your boat and help you move on to your next one!
Using a broker is a great way to utilize an expert in the industry in order to sell your boat. Whether it is their connections, knowledge of the industry, or negotiating strategies you are looking for, a broker will make selling your boat an easy process. After all…selling your boat should be a fun.
If you are interested in selling your boat, please contact yacht sales professional: Matthew Morin @ (732) 522-1963 and he will be more than happy to help you buy or sell your boat today!
Yacht Sales ProfessionalFrom the youngest of age Matthew has always been drawn to the sea. His passion for the ocean lead him to surfing and eventually leading him to join the United States Coast Guard. Matthew is responsible for the safe navigation of 210′ 87′ 47′ 29′ & 25 foot vessel’s over the course of his 13 year enlistment. Matthew has performed over 1,800 hours underway as coxswain and involved in the search and rescue mission. Matthew’s passion for the ocean has evolved into the marine industry as a yacht sales professional for Prestige Yacht Sales located at the Manasquan River Club in Brick, NJ. For More information on how Matthew can help you list and sell your boat don’t hesitate to CALL TODAY!
Phone: (732) 522-1963
How Much Is Your Boat Worth?
Get A Free Market Analysis Today!
Enter You Name, Email And Vessel Information Below And A Yacht Sales Professional Will Reach Out To You Shortly With Exactly How Much You Boat Is Worth Based On Sales Data And What Similar Vessels Like Yours Have Sold For Over The Last 1-3 Years!